üThe Association of Zoological Horticulture (AZH) is a non-profit, membership organization dedicated to the advancement of horticulture in zoos, zoological parks, botanic gardens, and aquariums. AZH works to highlight the importance of plants within zoos and aquariums and seeks to support the horticulturists and gardeners who work in a zoological setting.
The AZH Wendy Andrew Cultivation Grant seeks to support member projects that promote zoo horticulture and are outside the scope of the existing plant conservation grant program. Amounts awarded up to $1000 will be decided upon by the AZH board of Directors and based on the following criteria:
- Promote the value of horticulture within the organization/community
- Be outside the scope of plant conservation grant program
- Be lead by an AZH Professional or Organizational member in good standing
- Have written support from Zoo Director/CEO or supervisor
- Have a clearly defined budget
- Contain signage to credit AZH and the AZH Cultivation Fund
- Should be completed by October of the year funds are distributed
Applications will be reviewed by the AZH board of directors and final determinations will be made at the mid-year board of directors meeting. The deadline for the AZH Wendy Andrew Cultivation Grant application submittals is December 31, 2018. Applications must be submitted electronically. Submissions and questions should be directed to Danielle@napleszoo.org
AZH Wendy Andrew Cultivation Grant awardees are required to submit a mid-project report by May 15, 2018 and a final report by September 1, 2018.
Applications must be received by December 31, 2018.
Application review and funding at mid-year board of directors meeting (January 2018).
Mid-year report due May 15, 2018.
Final report due September 1, 2018.
Please make sure you are signed in as an AZH member before applying online