Benefits of AZH Membership
Membership in the Association of Zoological Horticulture entitles you to the following benefits:
- While attending Annual Conferences, members enjoy guided behind-the-scene tours of zoos and botanical gardens—a great opportunity to see how other zoos and gardens handle a variety of different/similar situations.
- Receive full AZH Annual Conference proceedings with program outlines.
- Develop professional friendships with colleagues in public horticulture.
- Access to online member directory and receive an annual published membership guide and directory.
- Receive the bi-monthly AZH Newsletter with information on integrated pest management, plants, announcements, and new developments at member zoos.
- Participate in plant and/or seed exchanges to help enhance zoo and botanical garden plant collections.
- Special AZH Zoo Horticulture Certification courses covering integrated pest management, soil management, exhibit design, etc. from a zoo horticulture perspective. Courses are taught by university professors, extension specialists, and experienced AZH members.
- Receive results of special member surveys on topics such as browse, integrated pest management practices, etc.
- Participate in online AZH chat groups.
- Participate in a variety of committees.
- Professional members may vote and hold office in the Association.
- Commercial members establish important contacts within the zoological and botanical fields.
- Student members learn more about horticulture and establish important contacts with professionals already in zoo horticulture.
If you are involved in horticulture at a zoo or zoological garden, join the Association of Zoological Horticulture
and enjoy the benefits listed above now. Advance your career with AZH membership!