The Association of Zoological Horticulture
is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the advancement of zoo horticulture in zoological parks, gardens, and aquariums.
- To advance public and professional education of the importance of zoo horticulture and its role in the educational, recreational, conservation and scientific goals of the living natural history museum.
- To foster and cultivate the social, educational and business relations of the members through meetings, reports, publications, discussions and seminars, and the various communications media; and to engender cooperation among the horticultural staffs of zoological parks, aquariums, botanical gardens and arboretum and similar organizations.
- To broaden the interests of the membership in the pursuit of their occupations, and to improve their standards of efficiency through fostering programs for professional and vocational education.
- To aid, foster, and engage in the exchange of horticultural specimens and propagules for exhibition, conservation, and research.
- To aid and protect its members and do all things as are properly within the scope of such an organization for the welfare of its members.